Mini Guide To Minimizing Mosquito Exposure In Texas
Have you heard the myth that if you tense a muscle where mosquitoes are biting, they will not be able to get their needle mouth out of you and will eventually explode? In reality, this isn’t possible. You can’t keep enough pressure to keep mosquitoes from pulling out and flying away, happily full of your blood. The good news is that, despite this myth, there are some real ways you can minimize your risk of mosquitos and mosquito-related problems this year.
Problems Mosquitoes Cause
As we have already established, one of the biggest problems mosquitoes cause comes with their pesky bites. For most people, these bites cause red irritating, itchy bumps to appear on their skin. For less fortunate people, a mosquito bite can lead to more serious problems. This happens when a mosquito is carrying a potentially dangerous disease such as West Nile virus or malaria. Yes, malaria is a threat here in the states just like in Africa and other countries. The only difference (which makes it less deadly, here) is the fact that we have access to accessible and affordable health care.
Our Guide To Minimizing Mosquito Exposure
As promised in the title of this article, here is our mini guide to help you minimize your risk of mosquitoes this summer.
- Pour out and eliminate sources of standing water on your property.
- Use mosquito repellant on your skin or on your clothing.
- Wear long sleeves and long pants, and light-colored clothing when spending time outdoors.
- Avoid going outside during dusk and dawn.
- Install fans around outdoor lounging areas.
- Invest in professional mosquito control.
- Although some of these steps may seem strange, we promise that they are all designed to keep mosquitoes away.
Benefits of Professional Mosquito Control
If you do not have time to deal with mosquitoes on your own, or would just rather leave the job to the professionals, Cantu Pest Control would like to offer our assistance. The only effort you have to put in involves picking up your phone, dialing our number, and giving us a call. We will make the rest easy.